Nyx Soft Matte Lip Cream Collection

Leave a Comment

These aren't new products from NYX but they are just as popular now as when they were released a few years ago. With 46 shades in the Soft Matte Lip Cream range there is bound to be one to suit everyone. I only have 4 but i'm hoping to add to my collection soon! Not only is there a shade to suit all but they are only £6 each so totally budget friendly.

Liquid lipsticks are bang on trend on at the moment, especially mattes. I've tried a few different brands but I haven't got on with them, they tend to leave your lips looking flaky and dry but the NYX Soft Mattes are totally different. Obviously if your lips are rough as a badgers bum to begin with you will of course end up with the cakey look. You can avoid that though by..

-  Exfoliating with a lip scrub, I like the Lush ones!
-Moisturising with a generous amount of lipbalm.
-Lining the lips to prevent bleeding into the skin.

I was surprised at how pleasant to apply they are. They apply like a soft creamy formula and dry up matte. Although I wouldn't recommend reapplying over it once its set. I normally apply one layer and just before it dries I swipe a thin layer over the top. The best thing is you can eat and drink without it budging, well a very minimal amount anyway! One thing which is a bit cheeky is that the bottle is actually coloured so you shouldn't expect the outside to match the shade inside, I would always swatch. I also forget to mention they smell delicious too.



Milan - a gorgeous mid blue toned pink. It's highly pigmented and I can imagine it would suit most skin tones. Because it has the blue undertone it makes you teeth look whiter which is tricky with a lot of pink shades.

Stockholm - a mid tone beige pink. Probably the easiest nude shade to wear as it goes with pretty much anything and can be worn as an everyday shade. It wears nicely and you don't always notice its faded because its a light shade.

Copenhagen - a matte rich plum. This is probably my favourate shade and although it looks seriously daunting in the tube its actually a very flattering berry tone. It is the most drying of the 4 shades and you do need to apply 2 coats of this shade so its not so opaque but i absolutely love the colour. I've worn it a lot since October.

Monte Carlo - a deep cranberry red. I expected it to be a vibrant, almost Mac's Ruby Woo red but it's a little more muted. It's still a very bold shade and looks beautiful on though.


Which shade is your favourate from the collection? I want to try Paris for Spring/Summer and at only £6 each you can buy a few different shades for the price of a more high end brand. I forgot to mention earlier I love the Suede Matte Lip Liners which come in the corresponding shades too!

Until Next Time xo

SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig