Sticky Orange Almond Cake | Recipe

11 comments

When I made this sticky orange almond cake a few months back I knew I needed to share the recipe. You wouldn't believe me if I told you it's naturally dairy, gluten and even refined sugar free! It tastes amazing and it's not that hard to make, nor do you need that many ingredients. If your looking for a somewhat healthier treat then look no further, I've got you covered.

You will need the following;

Ingredients -

3 large sweet oranges 
4 large eggs
150g medjool dates (pitted & chopped) 
330g ground almonds 
2tsp baking powder

Method -

First thing you need to do is preheat your oven to 170 degrees celsius and line a round cake tin with parchment paper. If you using a silicone cake tin then you can just grease it with a bit of coconut oil or dairy free butter. 
Place 2 oranges (unpeeled) in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring it up the boil and leave it to simmer on a low heat for a good 45 minutes. Make sure the oranges are fully covered by the water.  Once they are soft and smelling super sweet, drain them and leave to cool down.
Thinly slice the remaining orange and cover the bottom of the cake tin. Then you need to cut the boiled oranges into quarters. Place the ground almonds, eggs, dates, vanilla powder, baking powder and of course the oranges into a food processer or blender and puree it until it's super smooth.

Pour the batter into the cake tin, don't be tempted to eat any even though it will smell SO delicious! Bake for around 1 hour 40, but make sure you check on it around 1 hour 20 so it doesn't burn. Don't be tempted to open the door before then though or it WILL sink. Once you think it's done, check with a skewer or a knife and it should come out clean.

I left it to cool for around 15/20 minutes as I wanted to still eat it warm. This cake is packed full of vitamin C from the oranges, healthy fats and vitamin A from the almonds. If you think the cake isn't quite as sweet as you would like then you could always drizzle a little maple syrup over the top before serving.


Let me know if you have a go at making it, I would love to see it!

Until Next Time xo 
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

11 comments

  1. This sounds so easy to make! I'm a massive fan of cake/puddings so I'm gonna give this one a spin! Thanks for the recipe Hun x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kitchen must've had an amazing smell whilst baking this! I would never have guessed how healthy it is too, it's definetely something to try and will probably be a great start to autumn. Such an easy recipe to follow recipe too. Lovely post,
    Zara xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this looks delicious! I will definitely give baking this a try soon, the recipe looks so easy too follow xx

    http://www.katelovesx.co.uk/?m=0

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not the best at baking but this cake looks and sounds so amazing, I can't not give it a go! Thanks so much for sharing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh this sounds so good! I've just book marked this and will definitely be giving it a go! Finding yummy dairy and gluten free food is so hard!
    PaleGirlRambling xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this recipe! It's so hard finding dairy free recipes that actually look and taste good so thank you :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Finding good gluten free recipes is hard so thank you for sharing. I'm already drooling just looking at the picture!

    Louisa | Loubee Lou Blogs

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks so delicious! I'll definitely have to try out this recipe! Xx

    Www.coleoftheball.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks absolutely delicious! Luckily I'm not gluten intolerant but I do prefer the moistness of flourlèss cakes. And orange is my favourite flavour too. Will definitely have to try this at home! Thank you for sharing, X

    Lisa | www.lisasnotebook.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks absolutely delicious! Luckily I'm not gluten intolerant but I do prefer the moistness of flourlèss cakes. And orange is my favourite flavour too. Will definitely have to try this at home! Thank you for sharing, X

    Lisa | www.lisasnotebook.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks yummy. I have bever baked an orange cake. Will try this one. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig