Nutella Bunny Biscuits | Recipe

Leave a Comment
 
 I was recently having a browse though the internet looking for Easter baking inspiration and came across a photo of these little bunny biscuits. There was no recipe so I thought I would replicate them in my own way and add a little twist of my own. Tracking down a mini rabbit cutter was a mission in itself! These are so simple and I think they will go down a treat over the long Easter weekend.
 

The basic biscuit recipe I used is actually one from my favourite baking blogger, Jane's Patiserie. Check her out but be warned it will make you super hungry. I can't be held accountable for any diets that may be broken after.

SO, for these I used Jane's Jammie Dodgers recipe and then just customised it to suit myself.
 
Ingredients
 
250g Unsalted Butter
2 Large Egg Yolks
150g Icing Sugar
350g Plain Flour
1tbsp Vanilla Paste
200g Nutella
 
 
Method
 
The first thing to do is preheat the oven to 160 degrees Celsius and line two baking trays with parchment paper. It's then time to get started with the baking, if you have an electric mixer or a Kitchen Aid it will save you a lot of time and energy but not to worry if you don't - a good old wooden spoon will work just as well and you'll get a good arm work out at the same time! Beat the sugar and butter together until they are creamy and combined. Next up, add in the plain flour, vanilla paste and the two egg yolks. Give it a good whisk together until it becomes dough like. Pop the dough into some cling film and chill it in the fridge for about an hour.

Cut the dough in half and roll it to the thickness of a one pound coin, cut out as many fluted circles that you can before the dough starts to stick (I popped it into the freezer for about 5 minutes once that happened). Once you've got an even amount of circular biscuits, use a smaller bunny cutter to cut the middles out of half of them. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until a light golden brown. Whilst the first batch are baking, roll out the remaining dough exactly the same way and keep them the fridge until you're ready to use them.

 
Once both batches are cool you can assemble them. You can use whatever filling you like in these biscuits but I used Nutella because lets face it, who doesn't love chocolate spread? It's almost a crime to not eat some form of chocolate at Easter. Dollop a heaped teaspoon in the centre of your plain biscuit and spread evenly. Press the bunny side on top and ta da, you've got yourself a little chocolate bunny biscuit! A few of my trusty tasters have said these taste like a BN biscuit, do you remember those bad boys?
 
Let me know if you make these!
 
Until Next Time xo
 
 
 
 
 

SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig