Yankee Candle Red Velvet Is Back!

3 comments

Oh I do love a candle, I am unquestionably a candle horder. Right now under my bed is a huge storage box filled with half used candles and most of them are Yankees. I am drawn to them like a moth to a flame, it's an addiction for sure.

A few years ago Yankee Candle brought out a range of dessert inspired candles which included Red Velvet, Chocolate Cake and Banana Cream Pie. I'm not a big fan of chocolate flavoured candles so I gave that one a miss, I did buy the Banana Cream Pie one but its was so overpoweringly sweet that it gave me headaches, very artificial smelling. The Red Velvet though won me over! My favourite cupcake is a Red Velvet so it was no suprise I liked the smell of it in candle form too, the little picture on the front might have swayed me slightly too! 
I'm guessing the range didn't do too well though as they discounted it and it was really hard to track down Red Velvet, that said when I did it was being sold on eBay for around £30-£40! Hell no, I am not paying that for a candle that I will burn in a month or two. Then a miracle (little dramatic I know) happened recently and Yankee Candle brought it back as a special appearance, I was there like a rat up a drain pipe. I actually squealed I was that excited, I know I'm that sad haha.

Anyway onto what it smells like, if you've ever smelt "Vanilla Cupcake" by Yankee then it's quite a similar scent, very sweet and has an amazing throw, you can smell it all over the house whilst it's burning and even slightly when it's cold. It's meant to smell like "creamy frosting on a moist cake with a touch of brown sugar" which I think describes it pretty accurately.

Every time I burn this I want to eat cupcakes, it's such a shame it's a retired scent since it smells so enchanting and wonderful. I don't know how long it's going to be back for but if you want it I suggest you get a wiggle on because this is one candle you don't want to miss!

You can find it here for £19.99.

Until next time xo 

SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

3 comments

  1. Oh my! 😍 I adore Yankee candles much to the distain of others who say they're over priced...they know nothing! Also Red Velvet is my abso, fabso fave all cakes so yeah, will totally be buying this!!
    www.theclearlyinane.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are pretty expensive but I love the fragrances Yankee do! The cake & fruity smelling ones are my favourites :)

      Delete
  2. Yankee Candles are my absolute favourite! And this sounds brilliant - Red Velvet is my favourite cake so this sounds perfect :) x

    Liv | Ramblings of a Makeup Lover

    ReplyDelete

BLOG TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig